Railing design trends have changed tremendously over the last few decades, and that trend has continued through to the new designs in the last few years. It is hard to ignore these exciting changes in railing design and construction, especially when they look like they were just made specifically to complement your home's architecture. To get a glimpse of these exciting designs and ideas, you need to do a little more than look at anything related to a deck, porch, or balcony. At the same time, you need to ensure that the deck railing ideas that you choose are right for your own needs.
This is a very popular design among homeowners. Round railings give a nice look to the deck and enhance the overall beauty of your home. Round railings have been in use for many years now, and they are still going strong. These railings are both beautiful and very functional.
Round railings have become very popular with homeowners because they can be made out of almost any material, including steel or aluminum. The different colors and designs you have to choose from will match your deck perfectly.
Beautiful Deck Railing Ideas
Deck railings are not just functional, but they can also add to the aesthetic appeal of your deck. A well-designed deck railing can make your entire deck look better and more attractive. A poorly planned and executed deck railing can result in a cluttered mess that is both unattractive and dangerous. Here are some beautiful deck railing ideas to help you design your dream deck:
- Pickets: This is one of the most popular options for homeowners because it gives them the opportunity to choose from different types of pickets and colors that match their home's exterior design perfectly.
- Wood Posts with Aluminum Rails: Wood posts with aluminum rails provide a rustic look that blends well with any type of home décor.
- Glass Balustrade: Glass balustrades are perfect for modern homes as they offer a clean, contemporary look with minimalistic design elements such as straight lines and angles instead of curves found on traditional railings made from other materials such as wood or steel. The glass balustrade has become increasingly popular among homeowners who want something new and modern that works well in any space.
You can combine these different railing designs to create unique, custom railings to make your deck trendy and stylish.
The New Trend Is Privacy
As a trend, privacy is certainly a welcome one. Many homeowners are turning to their top deck railing designs in order to create an extra layer of protection between themselves and the world. With more people living in homes with shared walls or neighborhoods with small lots, this need for privacy has increased exponentially.
Top Resilient Materials for Deck Railing
Resilient deck railing materials are on the rise. With so many different types of material to choose from, it can be hard to choose the right deck railings for your home. The most resilient deck railing materials include:
- Aluminum: Aluminum is a popular choice because it's durable and affordable. However, it tends to look dull after years of exposure to weather, so you may need to sand or paint your aluminum railing periodically.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is another common choice for homeowners looking for a low-maintenance material that won't fade or chip over time. However, vinyl isn't as durable as metal or wood and may dent or scratch easily if hit by something heavy like a lawn mower or snow shovel.
- Wrought iron: Wrought iron is an extremely durable metal that can last for decades with proper maintenance. Wrought iron railings are also easy to install and don't require any maintenance once they are installed.
Composites are another option that you might want to consider when installing new railings on your deck.
The latest trends in deck railing ideas can make your deck look better than ever before. Contact a deck railing service to add trending new railings to the decks on your home.